Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Question Finding new staff!

Hi

I'm new to this forum. I'm a relatively new QA manager too (< 2 years) so there's a lot I haven't experienced yet.

I've finally been granted permission to grow my tiny team! I've hired people before but they've always came from local university job sites so no real work has been involved in searching for people and getting the word out that we're hiring.

My company doesn't want to use recruiters so it's down to me this time to find a new member to fill the spot. I'm looking for both testers and senior testers. Does anyone have know of any communities or sites I can post on to try and connect with testers looking for jobs, without going through recruitment agencies?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Hi Abilester,

Looks like your location is Newcastle upon Tyne, so within the UK. I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to use a recruitment agency (maybe the cost?), but here are a few sites to get you started.

Apart from here (and I don't know the rules for posting roles on SQA Forums), you could try the following:
    IT Jobs, Engineering Jobs, Healthcare Jobs? Find your next job with JobServe
    Jobs and Recruitment on reed.co.uk, the UK's #1 job site
    Job Search | one search. all jobs. Indeed
    IT jobs | Permanent & contract IT careers | The UK IT Jobs Board at CWJobs.co.uk
    Job Search | Monster Job Site | Find Better | Monster.co.uk

The obvious ones, make sure you specify "No agents"

Jobs - Ministry of Testing

Software testing specific - get in touch with Rosie Sherry there, she's based in Brighton but is extremely active in the test community so may be able to steer you towards someone more local to you

SQA Knight
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by abilester View Post
    Hi

I'm new to this forum. I'm a relatively new QA manager too (< 2 years) so there's a lot I haven't experienced yet.

I've finally been granted permission to grow my tiny team! I've hired people before but they've always came from local university job sites so no real work has been involved in searching for people and getting the word out that we're hiring.

My company doesn't want to use recruiters so it's down to me this time to find a new member to fill the spot. I'm looking for both testers and senior testers. Does anyone have know of any communities or sites I can post on to try and connect with testers looking for jobs, without going through recruitment agencies?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!
    Recruiting is expensive, but almost necessary for good quality Sr. employees. You will need someone who can make those cold calls and try to get someone to leave the security of their current job. Sr. level tech workers don't stay unemployed long.

As for communities. Here in the US, MeetUp is pretty popular. If you find meetups in various technologies used by QA such as Jenkins, Appium, Selenium, QTP, etc... Also try conferences, usually a company will send their best to a conference, so they're a good place to build up your contact list.
    David Lai
    SDET / Consultant
    LinkedIn profile