I'm kinda newbie with this tool so... forgive my dumbness and thanks for all the answers! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

1. I noticed that JMeter is quite a memoryeater - does it perform better in Linux than in Windows (XP)?

2. When I enable the "retrieve all embedded resources..." it will fetch the pictures, css & js BUT when I compare this to what LoadRunner fetches; it's not the same all the time.

2b. If I create a load test and I don't "retrieve all embedded..." is the load test reliable? Since I won't be downloading anything else than the "main" element? Should I keep this retrieving of all embedded elements on during my tests to make it more reliable?

2c. Should I record the script so that I fetch everything, picture by picture. Like in LoadRunner (URL-based script) or OpenSTA.

3. if I "retrieve all embedded elements" how can I log the total bytes into my log (Simple data writer). It only gives the bytes of the html page that was loaded.

- basically I am asking this since I want to log all my data to a CSV-file and then generate nice graphs with excel. It'd be just nice to see how many pages I did load and how many ACTUAL bytes were transferred (ie. throughput)

+ BONUS

What is the record amount of threads that you have been able to execute with JMeter? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]