Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Using Jmeter and Jboss to measure performance of Jboss in OpenSUSE

Hi guys, i am new in this forum and i came to seek some help with something my boss asked me to try out.

I need to use Jmetter to test a web app performance and also the computer hardware counters , HDD usage, CPU usage, RAM status etc.

Is it possible?, the server is running SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    JMeter is designed for this so it is surely possible. The easiest way of creating a JMeter test script skeleton is recording your test scenario using browser and JMeter's built-in HTTP Proxy server. Once you record your test and ensure that it works fine for 1-2 virtual users (you can see requests and response details in the View Results Tree listener) you can add more virtual users according to your anticipated load.

In order to monitor hardware counters like CPU, RAM, Network and Disk IO, etc. you can use PerfMon Metrics Collector plugin. Server Agent supports SuSe so it is fine to use it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Hey! i managed to make it work, now i need to use the exec, to monitor processes from suse, for example to monitor web service processes, ... specifically Oracle Counters, (also if i could monitor an specific process that would be nice, ej. Firefox).