Load test on Amazon Servers
Im very new to performance testing and have an idea about jmeter and loadrunner. Can you guys please guide me thru the process of executing a load test on amazon servers and how is it done.
Thanks A Lot.
Executing JMeter on AWS is the same as executing it on a standard server. You run it from the command line and point it to the URL. I always run my tests from another AWS instance in the same region to keep the bandwidth internal to save money.
Originally Posted by sansizzler
Welcome to JMeter!
Before getting started, please ensure that you first complete these 2 steps:
1. Download & install Java Development Kit 6 or higher http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/ja...ads/index.html
2. Download the latest version of JMeter http://jmeter.apache.org/download_jmeter.cgi
After you have installed those 2, you can run the JMeter directly by double-clicking the file "jmeter.bat" that is located at this directory:
If it's successful, a command prompt window will appear and followed by JMeter window.
At this point, you must set the environment first before going further.
1. Configure browser network setting.
a. Set HTTP Proxy with your PC Name or IP address (I usually set the HTTP Proxy with "localhost" only)
b. Set its Port with a vacant port (you can check the used ports by typing "netstat" on command prompt window)
2. Next, we must add Thread Group under the Test Plan. This step is to ensure that the HTTP requests can be recorded.
3. Add and set HTTP Proxy Server element under the WorkBench.
a. Set the Port with the port setting earlier
b. Set the Target Controller to Thread Group we made at step 2 (e.g. "Test Plan -> Thread Group")
4. Click Start button on HTTP Proxy Server element and perform any activities that you'd like to record.
5. Once you've done recording activities, don't forget to click the Finish button on HTTP Proxy Server element.
6. Last, but not least, save the Test Plan into a JMX file!
You don't want to risk losing the activities you recorded earlier, don't you?
You've recorded your first script using JMeter.
To replay your script using JMeter, I usually do these simple 4 steps first.
1. Add HTTP Cookie Manager element in Thread Group to keep the cookies while you run the script.
2. Add View Result Tree element in Thread Group, so that you can trace any issue that occurs with the application.
3. Save the Test Plan again and click green arrow button to run/play the test script.
4. The result will be displayed on View Result Tree you set earlier.
Hope it helps, sansizzler!