I am newbie on automating on protocol levels. I am trying to record web components in my web sites , i am working with 192.168.1.122 / 3100 port. but according to tutorial i need to record under local-host with 9090 or 8080 port.
But when i changed accordingly i couldn't connect internet even.. as you know , if i change the port the HTTP PROXY SERVER to 3100 port it didn't even record and single object.
Please help me regarding this , i am pretty new to this.
1. Start computer.
2. Open a broswer (any browser will work).
3. Type "www.google.com" in the URL field.
4. Press the Enter key.
5. Type "jmeter recording proxy" in the search filed.
6. Press the Enter key.
1. Make sure that the proxy server port defined in the “Workbench > Proxy server” and the proxy server port defined in the IE LAN settings should be same.
2. Ensure to hit the Start button in “Workbench > Proxy server” before recording.
(3100 is the application port and has nothing to do with the proxy settings for recording)