Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

JMeter parametarization

Hi friends,

I am new to one in JMeter. As per JMeter user manual, for dynamically replace the value, am using HTTP URL Re-writing Modifier. For that in previous request, I have added the HTTP URL Re-writing Modifier and gave the Session Argument Name as 'Edit_CustomerID'.

And in next request, I replace the 'Send parameters with the request name: Edit_CustomerID' value as *. But the value does not replaced dynamically.

In 'View Results Tree Request page', I can able to see only Edit_CustomerID=* instead of corresponding dynamic value change.

Can any one suggest me how to solve this problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: JMeter parametarization

I've had better luck using the regular expression extractor then I have with the HTTP URL rewriter

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/use...reference.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi BlackGaff,

Thanks for your response. I have used the Regular Expression Extractor. But its not working for me.

I gave the values like below.

Reference Name: Edit_CustomerID
    Regular Expression: 'ZB_CustomerTableView_VWrapper','Edit_CustomerID=( \d+)'
    Template: $1$
    Match No.(0 for Random): 1
    Default Value: default_value

Part of output response ::
    <a href="javascriptpenURLViaAjax('ZB_ViewCustomer.cc','ZB_CustomerTab leView_VWrapper','Edit_CustomerID=1386780000000620 01')">jmeter_test</a>

I want to store the "Edit_CustomerID" in a regular expression variable and use that variable in subsequent requests.

I replaced the value of Edit_CustomerID (This is the Name in Send Parameters With the Request) to ${Edit_CustomerID} in the corresponding URL.

I expect the value like 1386000000134516347. But the value was not replaced. It shows Edit_CustomerID=${Edit_CustomerID}

Please suggest me how to get the value dynamically.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Please any one suggest me, how to solve the above issue. Am struggling with that issue.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

When you see "Edit_CustomerID=${Edit_CustomerID}" it means Edit_CustomerID isn't defined at all. The regex is setup properly, but isn't be executed. (If your regex were wrong, you would see "Edit_CustomerID=default_value")

Do you have it as a child to the correct, enabled request?

Is the Regex in the same THREADGROUP as the request using ${Edit_CustomerID} ? Variables are NOT shared between thread groups

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

[ QUOTE ]

I want to store the "Edit_CustomerID" in a regular expression variable and use that variable in subsequent requests.

I replaced the value of Edit_CustomerID (This is the Name in Send Parameters With the Request) to ${Edit_CustomerID} in the corresponding URL.

I expect the value like 1386000000134516347. But the value was not replaced. It shows Edit_CustomerID=${Edit_CustomerID}

Please suggest me how to get the value dynamically.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like Java, it's preferred to name Jmeter variables in camelCase. That's bitten me many times before.

As BlackGaff said, the variables can't be passed to other threads. You could output those variables to a file with beanshell.'

I'm not sure what else to add without seeing the structure itself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi friends,

Thanks for your reply.

Regular Expression Extractor is working for me. After a long trial, once adding the regex in the test plan, I restarted the jmeter. Then am getting the values in Edit_CustomerID.