Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

How to store aggregate report values to a variable

I need to write aggregate rep values like throughput and avg responsetime to a database.Is it possible to do that?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: How to store aggregate report values to a variable

You can save the report output to a txt, csv or XML file using the listener SIMPLE DATA WRITER or with AGGEGRATE REPORT by supplying a file name. You can configure what is saved by using the config button next to the file path.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I am reporting the output to .csv file,but my problem is once the test run is done automatically it shd write results to db that 's the reason when the test is running,i needed to capture the throughput value and then write to db

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

You would need a plugin or 3rd party tool to write the CSV file to a database. Your developers should be able to help with this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Probably i am not clear...I need help in capturing the throughput value from aggregate report and store it in a csv file or can store in a variable.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

ah, that's a bit trickier.

I believe the throughput is calculated by the aggregate report and isn't actually stored anywhere.

Even if you use the Simple Data Writer, that value isn't stored, but is calculated when you open the csv file in Aggregate Report.

In the past, once the test is done, I've simply did a Select ALL in the aggregate report and pasted it into a spreadsheet. There's a probably a way to automate this will a third party tool, or have a process that can read the output of Simple Data Writer, do the math to figure out the throughput and then write it to your db.