Re: how to load test web app without proxy server?
JMeter has one cool function called Http Proxy Server. The idea is
that it acts as a proxy for your browser and can record anything you
do. Very useful to pick up the XmlHttpRequest content. This is what
you need to do to configure it:-
1. Add an Http Proxy to you Workbench. So select 'Workbench', then
'Edit>Add>Non-test elements>Http Proxy Server
2. Give it a port number (like 8090)
3. Get into your browser preferences (For the Firefox lot:
Edit>Preferences... Advanced tab... Network tab... Select Http Proxy
and enter 'localhost' and '8090' in the port or the port you gave in
4. Back to JMeter. (You may need to make sure you have at least one
Thread Group). Click Start on the Http Proxy Server.
5. Back to Firefox. Load the test.html page (or whichever page wraps
your GWT entrypoint).
6. Back to JMeter. You'll see a whole list of Http Request objects