Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Request Time Out

It seems that i miss many things in Jmeter.

I record actions successfully, then when i try to run what i have recorded. i see all returned elements in green ( supposed to be Ok), but actually i can see that all returned pages shows in the request panel "request time out"

i can see in the originally recorded elements, all parameters passed and every thing is recorded fine. why i get request time out when rerun the recordings, and why jmeter doesn't show any thing in red ( problems )

Regards

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Request Time Out

New Information could be valuable to solve this.

The developer says that the link calls a servlet and at the beginning of this servlet he checks if session == null, he returns this 'time out'

how to work around this specially that the playing back the recorded actions didn't pas this time out

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

[ QUOTE ]
    The developer says that the link calls a servlet and at the beginning of this servlet he checks if session == null, he returns this 'time out'

[/ QUOTE ]

For this response, what is the HTTP status code you are seeing in the VIEW RESULTS TREE output?

Looks like, the error is generated by your application. (application specific error message). In this case, I think it will still be a valid HTTP 200 response with the message "Request time out" sent by the application to the client. This need not be the regular time out you might get in a web application.

Add assertions (checkpoints) and handle the message and mark it as an error.
    The views expressed in this forum are mine. My organization does not subscribe to the substance, veracity or truthfulness of the said opinion

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For this response, what is the HTTP status code you are seeing in the VIEW RESULTS TREE output?

Looks like, the error is generated by your application. (application specific error message). In this case, I think it will still be a valid HTTP 200 response with the message "Request time out" sent by the application to the client. This need not be the regular time out you might get in a web application.

Add assertions (checkpoints) and handle the message and mark it as an error.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes it is generated by the application itself. but the question is:

when first i have recorded the steps. i didn't recieve this excpetion. it worked normally. i don't know why the application chooses to go throught this exception if condition? i want it to continue working normally.

i record normally. but i can't run what i have recorded. it just do the first login step, then in the next step it chooses to go though this exception. is there is something i need to add?

when i go to the system and navigate, it passes normally. the system works fine. i think there is something i need to handle.

also why this happens?. i didn't add cases and steps manually. i did recorded them by jmeter recorder. i am sure that i am missing something. or at least the tool is not compatible with my system. that what i want to make sure from the very first begining. is it possible to determine?

Regards
    Hosam

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hosam, I think correlation could be a problem. Since the session is null, I think you are not capturing the new sessions ids and sending it along with the requests during replaying your recorded steps. Try to use Post Processors and extract the session id from the step that generates it. Replace it in the subsequent steps so that the steps are sent with the session id.

I believe there is a much simple way to do this in JMeter during recording itself. I am also a beginner in JMeter. I am not sure
    The views expressed in this forum are mine. My organization does not subscribe to the substance, veracity or truthfulness of the said opinion

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Yes, Warofwords. i will try your suggestion. also i will try what is there:

http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-jmete...erentBehaviour

and i will get back. please if you have further information or solutions, feed me back. i don't want to give up using jmeter now [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Regards
    Hosam

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Yes. it is solved using a cookies manager.
    Thanks Very much

Regards
    Hosam