Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

JMeter Distributed Testing issue

Hi All,

I have my GUI setup of JMeter which is the controller/master machine on the XP which has Java 1.6.0_11(which i checked in control panel).

Then for distributed testing i have a Fedora installed on the Virtual Box which has JMeter-Server running on it. So, Fedora will be the slave.

Then i started the testing after adding the Fedora's ip in XP's Jmeter properties file.

Now when i check the Java -version in Fedora it saya: java version 1.7.0 Icetea

My 1st question is what the hell is this Icetea distro of Java.(Sun has released the latest Java of 1.6.0)

As a solution i tried installing the Java on Fedora but it says IceTea version is good and it can't switch to Sun's Java of 1.6.0

Anyway i am trying to change the java in Fedora coz Distributed testing cannot be done if the Java Versions are different on the slave and master. (Am i correct?)

Forgetting all this i try to run the distributed testing but when i start the test i get a message in JMeter that it could not connect to my slave machine.....I have turned off the Firewall in my XP maxhine.

Please help me. My manager will kill me if i don't find the solution at the earliest.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: JMeter Distributed Testing issue

Any Updates?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Guys i am getting the following error:

Exception Creating Connection to : 10.my.linux.machine.ip ; nested exception is : java.net.NoRouteToHostException: No Route to host : Connect

Atleast help me now. I think i have done enough homework regarding this topic....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Please update.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Scorpio,
    I am also a beginner as far as JMeter is concerned. Looking at your issue, I don't understand why Fedora should stop you from installing JDK 1.6. Any OS should / must allow the installation. Are you sure that you are installing it as ROOT in Linux? Forgive me if that sounded like a silly question at the wrong time.

Ref : a) http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/use...ep_by_step.pdf
    b) http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/use...mote-test.html

1) From the error, it looks like a firewall or proxy issue.
    http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/...Exception.html

[ QUOTE ]
    Signals that an error occurred while attempting to connect a socket to a remote address and port. Typically, the remote host cannot be reached because of an intervening firewall, or if an intermediate router is down.

[/ QUOTE ]
    When I went through the distributed testing pdf, I found that the RMI cannot communicate across subnets without a proxy. I think it could be a proxy / subnet problem. Do you have both the machines in the same subnet as defined in the distributed testing pdf ?

Please note RMI cannot communicate across subnets without a proxy; therefore neither can jmeter without a proxy.

2) Also, I went through the following link and found this.
    I am sure you would have checked this before. In case if you haven't checked this yet, do that. I know that it is a crazy solution.. but still try your options
    [ QUOTE ]
    Linux
    On Suse linux, ipchains is turned on by default. For instructions, please refer to the “remote
    testing” in the user manual.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Now, just ensure your windows machine IP is in the list of IPs in the linux box and vice versa (host file in windows)

If you have your machines in the same subnet and ips added in both the OSs properly then the last option is to find a way to install JDK 1.6 on linux box..

P.S: I assume that you have the same version of JMeter running in both the boxes
    The views expressed in this forum are mine. My organization does not subscribe to the substance, veracity or truthfulness of the said opinion

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

try to uninstall Java from your fedora and then install the same version as your other computer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I tried using the JMeter client-server architecture in the past and it is not as simple as it may sound. I want to suggest another solution that I use now instead of building the client-server architecture myself, I use the Cloud-Intelligence website: http://www.cloud-intelligence.com/cl...ting/load/home There I have a service called JMeter in the Cloud and it gives me access to a fully configure JMeter distributed environment in Amazon EC2 – so I don’t need to go through the hassle of building the JMeter client-server architecture. I just set the number of JMeter slaves (jmeter-servers) I need and continue with the test as if I’m running it using my master (Jmeter GUI) locally. You need to register first and note that you pay only for the actual load hours per server.