Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Keeping a dialog box open while script runs

How do I keep a dialog box open while the rest of my script executes (it displays the files names which the test is searching through). I don't want it dismissed, but the script won't continue until I do so. Any tips?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Keeping a dialog box open while script runs

Can you use a StatusBox? It's a dialog box that simply displays a message. It has a lot of parameters that you can use to position it, size it, make it on top, etc. It will stay displayed until you use the StatusBox Close method. Just look for StatusBox in the help files.
    Keith

------------------
    Big K

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tianna Jackson:
    How do I keep a dialog box open while the rest of my script executes (it displays the files names which the test is searching through). I don't want it dismissed, but the script won't continue until I do so. Any tips?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is there any reason in particular that you want the dialog box not to be dismissed? As Keith said the status box can be very handy, I just want to know if there might be a reason the dialog is needed.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by db:
    Is there any reason in particular that you want the dialog box not to be dismissed? As Keith said the status box can be very handy, I just want to know if there might be a reason the dialog is needed.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Soon after I had changed it to a status box, so thank you for the suggestion! But maybe I could get some help on this: my message for the status box includes variables but they are not displaying at all ("Reading "+list_item$+" Verifying "+item1$+"exists in Content folder.").

Any suggestions to what I'm doing incorrectly?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi Tianna,

Not to sure what your problem is. I just tried a sample and it worked.

Your variables list_item$ and item1$ might be empty or corrupt?? Try the following lines of code before the statusbox. This can be very helpful for debugging tests when variables are causing problems.

MSGBOX (list_item$)
    MSGBOX (item1$)

This will display two message boxes one after the other. They should contain the two variables as text. If they appear with the correct text that the status box should be displaying the problem is with the statusbox line.

In my example add the line...

Msgbox str$(ButtonID(0))

It will display a dialog box with the text "6"

Hope this helps.

DB.

Here is the sample I did

GLOBAL ButtonID(1) as Integer

ButtonID(0)=6
    ButtonID(1)=7

'Msgbox Line goes here

STATUSBOX "This is the button ID "+str$(ButtonID(0)), -1, -1,,,,, "MS Sans Serif", 12, 900

------------------