Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Multiple instances of VT on the same machine.

HI all,
    Is there a way in which i can run multiple instances of the VT in the same machine ? If so then how ?
    Aruna

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Multiple instances of VT on the same machine.

Hi,

Visual Test will work based on the screen which is active or focus. So, obviously you cant have more than one active screen. If you are going to do some back ground process like file handling etc, then, you can create multiple instances.

Regards,
    Nivetha.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi Nivetha,
    Thanx for the reply .
    I am desperately trying to do a concurrent testing on a webpage , I.e I want to simulate Virtual users accessing the same page at the same time and check to see if the performance is affected or not. Can this be done using VT and if yes then please tell as to how to implement it.
    Thanx
    Aruna

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi,

If your requrirement is to simulate Virtual Users to access the same page at the same time, then you cant do using VT. You try with some Performance testing tool to create virtual users.

If your requirement is to open that many browsers and interact with each browser to do some user action, then, you can do with VT by writing a script in such a way that script opens that many browsers and visit each and every browser and do some user action. This is obviously not Performance testing.

Regards,
    Nivetha.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi Nivetha
    Thanx again. I dont think i can do a performance clocking by the method you have suggested (as you have already pointed). But does VT have any provision through which i can run a VT script on a remote machine . If i can do this on multiple remote machine simulataneously can i get an equivalent of having multiple users opening the browser at the same time from multiple terminals ?
    Can this be done using VT and will this help me out in clocking performance ?
    Aruna

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi,

I dont have any idea about running a script on a remote machine. But, it does have some Talk methods and all. You can refer VT help or u can try using Win32API calls.

There might be some other good solutions also for this. Lets listen to other guys of this forum.

Regards,
    Nivetha.

------------------