Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Manage Test Script Types

I have a problem with Test Manager and Functional Tester. Every once in a while I will attempt to run a script from Functional Tester and will receive an error that says "Since this script is from a project that is not associated with the current Rational project, HTML log will be used instead of TestManager log. You can change log type in preferences" When I right-click on the project, Associate with current rational project is not present. The only way to get this corrected is to go to Test Manager and choose Tools, Manage Test Script Types, RFT Gui Script, Edit and go to the sources tab and delete the script source and save and close both programs, when I reopen both Test Manager and Functional Tester, it is corrected. But the problem with this is that all the implementation is gone and I have to reimplement the scripts. If I manually enter in a source, it does not work. Is there anything which can be done with this so I don't have to re-implement all these scripts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Manage Test Script Types

Wow that sounds like a big mess.

I'd personally give IBM a call.. sounds buggish to me, or they might even have a fix if it's a known issue.

Sounds like it's easily repeatable to help troubleshoot.