Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

TestManager on different sites

Hi all,

we want to introduce TestManager in our company and have to solve the problem of working on the same projects from different sites.
    Colleagues from two different locations shall be enabled to collaborate.

The network connection is very slow, so we want to avoid running TestManager emotely.

Another idea of using ClearCase with Multisite for synchronization of two repositories on the various sites was regarded not applicable by Rational consultants.

Yet another idea is to export Test Plans and Suites and to import them at the remote site. This procedure does not appear nice, but it might work.

Could someone please give me an advice or tell me about her/his experiences?

Best regards
    Robert

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: TestManager on different sites

We resolved this issue while trying to do source code control. The process is very messy so I do not want to go into detail here. You will need to manage the contents of the TestDatastore and the DefaultTestScriptDatastore directories. Files ending with .rtxml will also need to be controlled.

Management of those folders is difficult as several tds.mdb and tds.* files act as a repository used to keep track of the files in the mentioned directories. Keeping the tds.* databases in sync with the files in the directories becomes a maintenance headache.

My advice is to run it over the network as designed, slow as it may be.