Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Windows vista and remote desktop connection

I created automated scripts for a web application on windows xp.I have to demo my work to the entire group using remote desktop connection tomorrow.The PC that I will have to demo on may have windows vista.So I tried to connect to my m/c from a windows vista machine and run the scripts.Some scripts are failing.However when I did a remote desktop from a windows xp machine they seem to be running fine.
    Can anybody tell me if it is a common issue or is anything wrong with my scripts.

Thanks very much.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Windows vista and remote desktop connection

rrobot,
    yes it is common to have trouble playing back a script recorded on xp on a vista system.
    among other things I have encountered common dialogs on vista that have an extra empty text node as compared to the same dialog on xp. Also there are some dialogs where robot cannot see the text node on vista but can on XP. Many things are the same and many things are different.

Phil

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Make sure when you RDP you verify that you are connecting to the console. If used RDP from many different OS's to my automation box and everything has worked fine (or as fine as Rational Robot works!).

If you are hosting a live conference from your machine I would suggest using a middle machine. I.e. use the middle machine to RDP to your automation machine (verify connect to console) then share the RDP window with the others that are calling in to the middle machine.

Automation machine <--> Conference Machine <--> Attendees
    If this or any response has helped you, please reply to the thread stating that it worked so other people with a similar issue will know how you fixed your issue!

Ciege...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

thanks Phil and Ciege for your responses...I had the demo today...it went well..have one more next week..