Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

.net 1.1 application obect not identified

Hi,
    I am facing problem while testing a Formware application using Rational robot 2003.06.15
    while recording a an window application (with activex Controls)which is in .net 1.1 window appears which we are not able to the get properties of the it does not show all the child object of the window or the manubar present in the application
    window
    Same thing happens if i try to record in QTP
    does it requires the .net enabler or .net plugin ?
    can any body help me on this
    regards,
    Mayuresh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: .net 1.1 application obect not identified

If it is a .NET app you do need to make sure that the .NET enabler is installed.
    If this or any response has helped you, please reply to the thread stating that it worked so other people with a similar issue will know how you fixed your issue!

Ciege...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

i do not have Test enabler(.net Enabler) setup in the setup file of robot where can i get the test enabler setup which will be compitable with Robot 2003.06.15 version

Regards,
    Mayuresh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I think with that old of version of Robot it had to be done the following way.
    1) Have .NET installed on the box.
    2) Install Robot. If .NET is installed there will be the option to install the .NET enabler.
    3) Verify that .NET is selected from Robot under Tools -> Extension Manager.
    If this or any response has helped you, please reply to the thread stating that it worked so other people with a similar issue will know how you fixed your issue!

Ciege...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I was trying to do it with qtp 9.0 .net addin with .net 1.1 framework (since application is developed in .net 1.1 framework)i was not able to identfy the object does that mean that it can not be identified

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Sorry, I don't know anything about QTP. But you should not translate QTP issues into potential Robot issues. You just need to make sure all the basics are covered before you begin your test development.

Ciege...