Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Replace a word in multiple scripts

Hi,

I've a scenario here.

I've 100 scripts in one of my projects. I need to find and replace a word in all the scripts.

Actually if I'd decalred in global header file, it might be easy for me to replace that string or word in only one file. But, I didn't. I've hard coded in all the scripts.

What I'm expecting is:
    1. Does Robot supports a functionality to find and replace a word in multiple files ?

2. Does IBM provide any special patch for this type of problem or did it provide already. I've verified in IBM technotes, but couldn't find anything.

I'm using 2003 version

Could anyone please share the solution with me.

Regards
    Vijaya Bhaskar

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Replace a word in multiple scripts

It is interesting.

I dont think so, you can do find and replace at one go aganist all the files. My idea would be You have to open each rec file and replace. Since you are an automation developer, write a automation script to open all rec files and find the word and replace with that word with target string and save that file. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Replace a word in multiple scripts

Or you can use a text editor to find the occurance of the string in all the files and replace it that way as well.

(We use UltraEdit.)