I am trying to capture the product number under Help window popup. (For example , Help ->About IE -->Product ID:xxxx)
I cannot do SELECT/ DESELECT since text cannot be selected. If I capture the image, how can i retrieve this number? I want to filter all other information and just keep this number.
Can SQAGetProperty help?
Dim Result As Integer
Dim value as Variant
Window SetContext,"Caption=About MS Word",""
MsgBox "Product number is " + value
This is not returning any value. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
- open the window with the number you want to capture
- in Robot, click Insert, Verification Point, Object Properties
- click OK in the Verification Point Window
- click and hold the mouse-button down on the hand icon, the focus should change back to the Help window
- drag the hand tool to the text you want to capture and release the mouse-button
- if the text is a detectable object, its recognition method will now be visible in the Select Object window, click OK
- the Object Properties Verification Point window appears listing all the properties for the selected object - one of those property names should hold the value you're looking for, use this in your sqaGetProperty command e.g.
Result=sqaGetProperty(ThisRecMethod, ThisPropertyName, value) (remember, property names are case-sensitive)