Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

verification point in Group Box

Hi all,
    I am new to the Rational Robot and using Rational robot for automating the application testing. I had an application developed in Borland C++.It has UI's which uses the Group Box. This Group Box contains lot of button which will get visible, Invisible of grayed out according the selection made. (For eg; initially before login only one Login button is enabled and visible. By selecting the Login button and entering the valid user name and password. All the buttons present in the group box will get visible and enable)
    My problem is, I want to test the status of each button present in the Group Box. when using the Object properties and trying to put verification point, the Robot is recognizing the Group Box only. The button present inside it and also the Text for any of the buttons is not able to test.

I don't want to use the Region Capture or Window capture. Can any one came across such an issue. Please tell me how to solve this
    Please give your valuable suggessions.
    Thanks and Regards
    Soju
    Soju

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: verification point in Group Box

I think I have the same problem with the ListView in my job. Waiting for the answers........

Regards

5am
    Ask and learn.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Have you tried Inspector to see what the recognition method and property is for the Buttons?

See Robot --> Tools --> Inspector...

Once you have the recognition methods, use the SQAGetPropertyAsString function to get the enabled property, which should be a True or False value.
    Tom B.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi Tom,

I've already tried Inspector and it just can show me some properties of the Listview but can not show me the properties of the Items in the ListView. I can click them but gcan not get their properties using SQAGetProperties.

I've never tried SQAGetPropertiesAsString, I'll try that later, Thanks.

Here is the Dbl click code on thoses Items in the ListView.

ListView DblClick, "ID=1184;\;ItemIndex=4", "Coords=90,4"

The status code told me can not find the property (1005).

I just can not get their properties.....

I think Soju's problem may be the same as mine.

Regards

5am
    Ask and learn.