Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Rational Robot Training

Hi All,

I'm not a new to manual testing, but new to Automated Testing. I need to learn the Rational Robot as we have it at work and we need to learn to use it. We have it for many years, but nobody was serious about it and didn't have time to deal with it. It was purchased while ago and we already have a performance suite that we run once in a while for each new release, but I was not the one who began the whole process. This person left leaving nothing behind and now I have to pick up and start using it. I already finished a very simple Smoke Test Suite (GUI Scripts, mostly playback with verification points). Now I need to automate our Regression CheckList (functional testing). I was trying to find any good training but it seems that IBM is the only source. I already took Essentials of Functional Testing with Rational Robot (2-day course) training with IBM , but it didn't help much. Is there any good source to learn besides "point and click" method? I don't mind this method at all, but would like to expedite the process and learn faster. The problem is I want to automate the regression cheklist but have no idea how. I know that I need to use datapools, but do not know how exactly. I do not have a lot of programming experience, but I have a great desire to learn and will read any books that anyone could recommend. I WANT TO LEARN!!!! Please help....
    Somehow I believe that there is a good way to learn... The problem is that I'm the only one in the team who will be working with Rational and they hope and expect that I will learn very soon. I hope too, but how????
    I'm willing to read a lot, try a lot, work a lot, but please show me the right directions....

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Rational Robot Training

Hello and welcome to the forums. I found the Visual Basic 6.0 course I took (5 day) to be very helpful in creating more advanced Robot scripts, since Robot uses a similar form of Basic. For what it's worth there is also an advanced Robot course that had some useful material.

Good Luck!
    "When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it" - Scott Adams