Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Scripts not re-compiling, Anyone else have similar problems?

I will try to explain this issue as best as I can. Randomly when I make changes to my scripts the code will fail to update correctly and play back the old code instead.

When I look in the script editor the changes are there however on playback it fails to execute the steps. I seems to be a compile issue whereby the script has not re-compiled itself correctly. When I have had this issue in the past Compile All normally rectifies the issue. However today I have a particuarly nasty one whereby no amount of re-compiling will get the script to execute the new code.

What changes have I made to cause such an issue? A set of simple debugging message boxes which I am using to check the values read in from a datapool. On playback the script executes the datapool extract instructions simply bypassing the message boxes.

So my questions are:

a) Has anyone else had similar issues?
    b) Is this a bug?

I am using Rational Robot 2003.06.14.567.000.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Scripts not re-compiling, Anyone else have similar problems?

Ummm..... Answered my own question. Stupid user (i.e. me) didn't debug properly. Using the debugger in Robot I found that a the dp_Fetch wasn't being set properly and was dropping out of the loop before it even got to it!!

Whoops.

"Me fail English? That's unpossible" - Ralph Wiggum