in Rational Administrator
- create new project
- create new Test Datastore
- in last steps of datastore creation wizzard, select initialize from existing datastore
- browse to old datastore
- Copy the whole project accross manually
- update the paths in these files
Note that in both cases, you also have to watch out for the value in Robot menu Tools > General Options > Preferences > SQABasic Path
If you've customized that, you'll need to verify if you want to migrate it too.
I tried to copy a project by copying the entire testdatastore folder to a new project. when i try to open the scripts from project from where i copied it to another project: robot is saying descriptor not initialized.
I tried to repair robot and well as the project through rational datastore doctor but still it saying the same....
I tried to copy a project by copying the entire testdatastore folder to a new project.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">I'm afraid that's the wrong approach.
You need to either copy the entire project (not just testdatastore), and ajust config files manually
or create a new project / new testdatastore which is "Initialized" from the old datastore. (see above)
I'm pretty sure that a message saying "descriptor not initialized" is not related to copying the a project... I have fixed more borken projects and datastores than I would ever care for, and have never seen that error.
Here are things I would investigate :
1. Do you also get that error if you create a new blank project with blank datastore ?
2. Are you running a different version of Robot/TestManager on the new location (compared to the old location)
3. Do you get that error in the previous location ?