If we are inserting a start and stop timer in Rational VU Scripting, How can we get the values related to that timers after running with Virtual Testers...? or from which report we can get the start and end time values...?
You can get the same in the Performance Report. Follow the following steps:
1. Generate performance report.
2. Right click on the report generated.
3. Choose Settings.
4. Switch to tab Select Command IDs.
5. From the selected list, remove all the commands by clicking on Remove all button.
6. Select on the the timers, which you have inserted in the script.
Note: There is naming convention for commands ID when there is NO timer and when there is a timer in the VU script. Refer to online help for more details.
7. Click on OK button.
8. You have value of timers inserted in the script. Check the value for required percentile.
Hope this helps.
A highly advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.
Thank you very much Mr.Jain,
I have recorded a session (Inserting a Start timer before clicking the request button and stop timer after getting that page fully painted) and tried out with 1, 10, 50, 100, 200 users for finding out response time for painting the report. It is showing almost 64000 to 69000 milliseconds range.
But if I am trying it manually I am able to open that report with in 8 seconds. (It should be same for 1 Virtual Tester too…?)
What is “Total” in the Command ID tab Available list..?
Can you please give some light to “percentiles”…? What is the significance…?
Thanks n regards