Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

overwriting log message

Is it possible to overwrite the log message? I have a loop that executes a 1000 times and I send a message to the log during each cycle. I want to see just one message for the execution count. I do not want to place the code, SQALogMessage, outside the loop as I need to know the execution count if the script ever fails.
    Is there any other way to keep track of this? Or is it possible to overwrite the message in console?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: overwriting log message

Cannot overwrite, however, if you are looking to see you get all the known 1000 loops what you need to do is add a variable cnt and do something like this:

Dim cnt as integer
    Dim loopcnt as integer
    cnt = 0
    loopcnt = 1000

For i=1 to loopcnt
    'code, code, code...
    cnt = cnt + 1
    Next

If cnt <> loopcnt Then
    SQALogMessage sqaWarning, "This looped " & cnt & " times, was expecting " & loopcnt, ""

Else
    SQALogMessage sqaNone, "This looped " & cnt & " times as expected", ""
    End If

If your script typically fails in the middle of the loop then use SQAConsoleWrite in the loop so that in the debug window you can see it after execution is done but the log won't be filled with garbage.

Max

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

But even if I use SQAConsoleWrite, I still have to scroll down to see the final number. This could be a problem if my loop runs for like 15000 times. Any other way to overcome this?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Actually I figured out how to do this. Everytime before I write to the console, I cleared the console. This way I see only the last count.