Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

A generic library accessible by all projects

Is there a way to have Robot use a library (an SBH/SBL combination) that isn't in any project (i.e.: not in the ..\SQABas32 directory)?

I want to make a library that has functions that can be used by any project and be able to have this library in its own directory (something like ..\ROBOT\LIBRARY\". So, in each project's main script I'd have:

'$Include "..\ROBOT\LIBRARY\LIBRARY.SBH"

for example.

I tried this but the compiled LIBRARY.SBX file is always brought back to the current projects ..\SQABas32 directory. Plus, it always complains about not having the proper module type, etc... (i.e.: it doesn't work).

Thanks.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: A generic library accessible by all projects

I have created a project with libraries that need to be shared across many projects. The project is called EnterpriseRobotLibs. The project does not contain any scripts--just libraries. Here is an example of referencing one of those libraries in a script that lives in a different project:
    '$Include: "\\servername\Rational\EnterpriseRobotLibs\TestDat astore\DefaultTestScriptDatastore\TMS_Scripts\SQAB as32\HTMLUtils.sbh"

I tried many other ways that didn't work, although there may be one I didn't try. I saw that this method is used by other people in this group. The only real drawback besides having to use an ugly full path name for the header files is that if you try to step through a function that is contained in these shared libraries, an error dialog appears for every 'stepped-through' line (and the line does not appear in the editor window). You would think that being able to specify/edit a variable containing different places to look in for headers would be a standard thing in Robot.

------------------
    Andrew McFarlane
    welkin_inc@hotmail.com
    Andrew McFarlane
    welkin_inc@hotmail.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

And this works???

I've tried that and could never get it to go. How did you define your function declarations in the SBH file? Did you put a specific path for your "BasicLib" field? I've tried specifying the path, the SBL and even the SBX (with its path). But I was never able to get the right combination.

Of course I just had a directory with an SBL and SBH file... Hmmm... Maybe that's my problem... maybe I need to make a project for this library... I hadn't considered that...

Thanks.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Here's an example function declaration:

Declare Function HTMLObjFind BasicLib "\\den-reef-03\Rational\EnterpriseRobotLibs\TestDatastore\Defa ultTestScriptDatastore\TMS_Scripts\SQABas32\HTMLUt ils" _
    ( _
    obj As String _
    , fullPath_OUT As String _
    , Optional topObj _
    , Optional resetFlag _
    ) As Integer

------------------
    Andrew McFarlane
    welkin_inc@hotmail.com
    Andrew McFarlane
    welkin_inc@hotmail.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Yeah, Andrew,

You are right - this is a functionality that could be better. Rational definitely needs to add a "LIBRARY SEARCH PATH" (or some such) to their product.

Oh well, thanks anyway...

Michael

------------------