Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Header and Lib files

Hello,

I just started on a automated testproject and we have to work with Rational Robot..I am just figuring out how to handle the sbh and sbl files...and of course I ran into something I didnt understand..here's what I do:

In my main script:

'$Include: "C:\TestFrame\Scripts\LowLevel.sbl"

This .sbl holds a function called Get_Caption_Window. I dont declare the function anywhere, I dont create a .sbh file and it works just fine...so whats the problem you wanna know? Well, I want to work with a sbh and sbl file...so I created a LowLevel.sbh file and addes the following line:
    Declare Function Get_Caption_Window BasicLib "LowLevel" () as String

Change the inlcude line in my main script(change the .sbl into .sbh) and tried to run it..doesnt work, I get an error that says:

External procedure interface mismatch...

When I compile the files I dont receive any errors just when I run it, and it points at the line where I call the function:

y = Get_Caption_Window

Can you guys help me out here?

------------------

Apprentice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Header and Lib files

Never mind...problem already solved....

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Header and Lib files

You might want to search the archives at: http://www.dundee.net/sqa/ for messages that reference "New Improved Method". There is an excellent suggestion or three for structuring your headers and library files.

(thanks again to MArkB, Tomba, and the rest for that stuff...)

------------------

[This message has been edited by phunter (edited 09-09-2002).]