Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

How to use IE DOM ?

I am using Robot's StartBrowser command to load a web page. I want to use the IE DOM in Robot script. This should be standalone solution. I do not want to use any other library like the DDE of Carl Nagle or the IEUtil of Paul.
    Sachin Lalye

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: How to use IE DOM ?

To access the dom you have to instantiate an object, both set statements below work:

Dim oDOM as Object
    ' Set oDOM = CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM")
    Set oDOM = CreateObject("MSXML.DOMDocument")
    oDOM.async="false"
    oDOM.Load "c:\sample.xml"
    MsgBox oDOM.getElementsByTagName("to").item(0).text

HTH,
    Max

------------------

[This message has been edited by MaxMc (edited 06-09-2002).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I only want to use the DHTML DOM, notably to work with HTML tables. NO XML stuff. Will I still need to use the StartBrowser command to start the browser? Or is there any other command to launch the browser, like CreateObject?

------------------
    Sachin

[This message has been edited by sachinus (edited 06-10-2002).]
    Sachin Lalye

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Try here for reference: http://www.w3schools.com/dhtml/dhtml_dom.asp
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...html/dhtml.asp

Facts stated:
    DHTML does not exist ! DHTML is an abbreviation for the term "Dynamic HTML". But DHTML is just a buzzword. DHTML does not exist. It is not a "thing" or a standard defined by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C). It is not defined anywhere. It is just a fancy word. To most people DHTML means a combination of HTML 4.0, Style Sheets and JavaScript.

FAQ Excerpt:
    Dynamic HTML (DHTML) is a term used by some vendors to describe the combination of HTML, style sheets and scripts that allows documents to be animated. The scripting interfaces provided in DHTML have a significant overlap with the DOM, particularly with the HTML module. Compatibility with DHTML was a motivating factor in the development of the DOM. The DOM, however, is more than DHTML. It is a platform- and language-neutral interface that will allow programs and scripts to dynamically access and update the content, structure and style of documents, both HTML and XML.

Have you tried with MSXML DOM?

Max

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I want to use DHTML, whatever the "buzzword" DHTML means, inside existing Robot HTML scripts. Can we get hold of the browser Document object like we do in Javascript / VBScript and then get other child objects of it? In short, I want to use both SQABasic and VBScript inside the Robot script.

[This message has been edited by sachinus (edited 06-12-2002).]
    Sachin Lalye