Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Is it possible to find the status of the script??

Hello,
    I have a test case where I got to use more than 100 scripts to execute. Is it possible to verify whether each script ended successfully or not. I don't want to use Test Manager to find it out as I have to check the result of the previous script before calling the next script.
    Waiting for the response from u wonderful guys in this forum.

Thanks and Regards,
    Kiran

------------------
    Cool Kiran
    Cool Kiran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Is it possible to find the status of the script??

I faced the same problem some time ago. As far as found out, it's impossible to know script status. All you can do is get VP statuses - and you can write these statuses to database as results of the script.
    What I have done - just my own error tracking. Not very nice solution, but works... For example, you want to click some link in your application. I just verify that object exists, and if it does not exist, I stop script execution and write "Fail" to my database while TM still writes "Pass" to standard log. Of course, it means that I should check each step thoroughly - but I don't see any other way. The biggest disadvantage of this solution is that you cannot track unexpected errors, which are not described in your code. But it can be handled the following way. After script execution I just go through standard TM log to check if some scripts failed, and if they are failed, it means, there are unhandled errors, and these scripts must be debugged. Note, it does not mean that application under test has problems. So, I expect all my scripts to have “Pass” in TM, while from application testing point of view they can have “Fail” or “Pass” status in my database. I just check TM log to be sure that scripts are working correctly.
    Hope, I managed to explain this :-) Please, ask questions if something is not clear...

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi Kiran..

* Set a flag as 0 at the begining of the script
    * Declare flag as global variable
    * At the end of the script change the flag as 1.
    * Check a condition evertime whether the flag status

By this method u can achieve something but this is not the correct method.

Bye
    logesh

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi Kiran...

Actually there is no way to check status of your globally ie; to see wheteher Log has failed or Not.

I have 2 way's which may be useful for you.

1. Whenever you check for VP, you give a condition by checking RESULT variable of the checkpoint. If it is 1 then VP has failed and if it is 0 then VP has Passed.
    Note : You can also use SQASuccess as a constant to check VP status
    Code :
    If RESULT= SQASuccess then
    SQAScriptCmdFailure "Stop the Execution of Script "
    end if

But in this Case you have to check all VP and may be a redundancy in a code.
    So you can also try Method2

2. With all VP take their values in a different Variable Like Result1,Result2..etc.
    and at the end of the script check the value of all variables of VP whether it is 1 or 0 and according;y decide whether to run the Next Script or Not.

This may sound wierd, but definetly can solve your problem.

------------------
    "I am an idealist, but don't know which way I am heading towards "