Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

How to redim array for SQLRetrieve?

Hi, all!
    My question is about dimensions of array for querying database. Currently I just set some dimensions for array where I put results of querying (it is SQLResArray). But I cannot be sure that these dimensions are enough. How can I redim this array to fit all query results? Here is how it works in my code:

Dim SQLResArray(1 To 10, 1 To 500) As Variant
    Query="SELECT ComponentID, ComponentName FROM Component ORDER BY Sequence, ComponentName"
    RetCode = SQLExecQuery(DBConnection, Query)
    if RetCode>0 then
    RetCode=SQLRetrieve(connection:=DBConnection, destination:=SQLResArray)
    end if

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: How to redim array for SQLRetrieve?

You need to use the parameter
    maxRows% An integer and an optional parameter, used to specify the number of rows to be retrieved in the request.

The array is fine, you just keep retrieving until nothing is left. This is extracted from the help file, HTH,

The return value is the number of rows in the result set or the maxRows requested. If the function is unable to retrieve the results on the specified connection, or if there are not results pending, -1 is returned. If no data is found, the function returns 0.

The arguments are named arguments. The return is a variant.

If maxColumns or maxRows are omitted, the array size is used to determine the maximum number of columns and rows retrieved, and an attempt is made to return the entire result set. Extra rows can be retrieved by using SQLRetrieve again and by setting fetchFirst to 0. If maxColumns specifies fewer columns than are available in the result, SQLRetrieve discards the rightmost result columns until the results fit the specified size.

Max

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: How to redim array for SQLRetrieve?

That's it, thank you very much! I just wonder when this time will come when I will read all available help attentively...

------------------