Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

How do I capture object Data from a dynamic web page

Can anybody help me to capture object data from a dynamic page?

------------------
    AR
    AR

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: How do I capture object Data from a dynamic web page

So, in general, you can do the following. Use SQAGetProperty command to get the certain property of certain object. To get the list of objects you can use SQAGetChildren. It is a bit tricky with Web applications, so if you need more comments on how to use SQAGetChildren - let me know.
    SQAGetProperty gets one property value for one object. So, you have to identify the object you're looking for. In dynamic pages it is good idea to have unique IDs for this purpose, so that you could have:

Result = SQAGetProperty("Type=HTMLTable;HTMLId=RegTable", "innerHTML", innerHTML)

In this line table I'm searching for has ID="RegTable". Object type and ID (if one is available) you can get with Inspector (Tools/ Inspector menu item). Inspector shows how Robot identifies this object. You should use the same identification. I.e. if the first line of what Inspector shows for link is:
    HTMLLink,HTMLText=next;Index=2
    it means, that the only to unquely identify your link in SQAGetProperty is:

Result = SQAGetProperty("Type=HTMLink;HTMLText=next;Index=2 ", "innerHTML", innerHTML)

Now innerHTML variable contains value of innerHTML property for this link.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

SQAGetProperty() is only to take the value of object property. I want to take the link for its data. For instance, table heading name,address,state etc. etc. When I want a pick up any address link, I couldn't do that. I think so far I know, there is a Object Data command comes with Robot 2001/2002 to serve this problem.

------------------
    AR
    AR

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I don't get the idea. What is "link" for object data? I'm using 2001.03.00. I can get HTML text of any object and any page with Inspector. So, if you want smth, what can be found in HTML source of this page, you can get anything. But more than in HTML - no, you can't.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

There is a Link on cell of the table. But it is dynamically changed always. Suppose, the table header name 'address'. Under the address every row has a link on cell. I want to capture this text so that it can click on the cell in stead of text when it play back.

Yes I can see using the Inspector but how can I put this HTMLlink text and put it to a variable and call from there. That was my question.

AR

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Frankly speaking. I'm having the same problem right now. Solutions which I see for myself are: 1. Have unique ID for each link; 2. Parse HTML text of the whole document/ table.

For 1:
    If your programmer gives you unique IDs created like "address_" + ID of this record in database, you're having perfect way how to select properties of this certain object: you just know that first address link on your page has HTMLId=address_1, the second - address_2, etc.

For 2:
    That's worse. That's my case. I'm storing in variable HTML text for the whole table. Then parse it: the first <TR> tag is table header. The second <TR> is the first line with information. The second <TD> in this line is address field. So, I just get the text between second pair of <TD> </TD>. In this case just table must be uniquely identified.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hm, sorry for problems - it's because my answer contains HTML tags. Will try once more.
    So, the lost text is (I place tag names in quotations):

"TR" tag is table header. The second "TR" is the first line with information. The second (third, forth...) "TD" in this line is address field. So, I just get the text between second pair of "TD" "/TD" - that's HTML text for link which is there.

------------------