| || |
Questions about Robot Answer to No 2
User Jane McGloin (Jane.McGloin@invetech.com.au.nospam) posted:
Use windows api GetFileAttributes. To see it look here http://www.vbapi.com/ref/funca.html#g
I suspect that other questions of yours will also be answered by using a
Re: Questions about Robot Answer to No 2
User (firstname.lastname@example.org) posted:
Content-type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
1) by the amount of increase of dead bodies in the room.
2) Already answered
3) By using one of the SQAGetProperty commands to get the string of the=
current window name or caption to match what your application is you ca=
tell it is running. You can use the Listview command on the process bo=
so (I think) if you try to click on a process that isn't there you woul=
generate an error (suspend and resume log output while you do that).
Generally I would not automate that. I would look manually if tests ar=
failing as it only takes a few seconds to check. The approach I would =
for is "what can I not do with the application if this process is not
running"? So if I need the process to create a new user, then create a=
user, if the test fails, manually look at the list. Knowing my luck if=
automated the looking at the task manager then some developer would cha=
the process name).
4) Already answered
5) Depends on what windows, but again I don't feel it should be automat=
Do the real task that relies on the driver. If the task fails, suspect=
6) Depends, but if you are kicking it off automatically and the first
window does not appear within the time you would expect plus a bit of a=
safety margin, then call me a bluff traditionalist but even if the bugg=
is installed you got big time problems. One application I have tested =
up to 2 minutes to load the first splash screen (yep quite unacceptable=
know), so if it didn't turn up in five I knew I had big problems. Oh I=
knew it was installed because I put the CD in the drive and followed th=
instructions, then some extra items appeared on the menu bar. Depends =
your definition of installed, i.e. some times an application can get
partially installed, it all appears to be OK but when you run you find =
DLLs are not registered etc.
7) Don't do DOS
8) Depends on what type of application and how it shows it. Probably a=
(Embedded Paulo Ricardo Tatsch Dutra <email@example.com> =
image moved 15/01/2002 20:23 =
to file: =
Please respond to "SQA Suite Team Test Users"
To: "SQA Suite Team Test Users" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: Questions about Robot
Security Level:? Internal
Hi ! I have some questions about the possibilites of implementation of
scripts using Rational Robot. If somebody to know, I is thankful
1. How can I know if a windows service is executing ?
2. How can I read the attribute of the file ( for example: the read onl=
attribute ) ?
3. How can I verify if a determinate process appears in the Task Manage=
Process List ?
4. How can I read/write data in the Event Viwer logs ?
5. How can I verify if a driver is installed in the Windows ?
6. How can I verify if a software ( application ) is installed in the
7. How can I control a test on the DOS applications ? And how to get da=
8. If in the applications shows 'Code: 45'. How can I get the value '45=
this informations isn't in the other object ? It is only as a text ! By=
Paulo Ricardo Tatsch Dutra
Analista de Sistemas
DBServer Assessoria em Sistemas de Informa=E7=E3o Ltda.
' (51) 3342-8055