User ( posted:

Quotes on Testers
I have to start testing. After all, I need some sleep.

A bug is what a tester gets when he gets tired of thinking.

For every developer, there is an equal and opposite tester.

To tell somebody that he is wrong is called criticism, to do so officially is called testing.

You never really learn to swear until you begin a testing career.

90% of the people in the world are below average. The rest are testers.

If at first you don't succeed, put it out for beta test.

Crime doesn't pay... does that mean testing is a crime?

Sign on testers’ doors: Do not disturb. Already disturbed!

Testers who seek to be equal to developers lack ambition.

Testing is like news. Same ****; different day.

Testers are free of prejudice. They haate everyone equally Testers take a lot of pain to test. They also pass it on to others.

Testers and developers: they make an extraordinary team. One is extra and the other ordinary

Definition of a tester: A sophistical rhetorician, inebriated with the exuberance of his own verbosity, and gifted with an egotistical imagination that can at all times command an interminable and inconsistent series of arguments to malign an opponent and to glorify himself.

Every tester has basically one joke. And he’s it.

How many testers does it need to change a light bulb? None. It is the developers who do the dirty work. Testers will just point out whether it is screwed up or not.

"If debugging is the process of removing software bugs, then programming must be the process of putting them in."

Sometimes it pays to stay in bed on Monday, rather than spending the rest of the week debugging Monday's code."

You start coding. I'll go find out what they want." — Computer analyst to programmer

3 Biggest Software Lies:
• The program's fully tested and bug-free.
• We're working on the documentation.
• Of course we can modify it."

If a program is useful, it will have to be changed. If a program is useless, it will have to be documented