User Zafirov, Magdalena ( posted:

Thanks to everybody that responded with ideas. Thought it may be useful to
let you know how it worked.

I created a DSN on a PowerBuilder driver (PB INTERSOLV OEM 32bit ORACLE8),
in Control Panel under ODBC.
Then, in the SQA script I used SQLOpen, with a general purpose connect
string and prompt:=2 -- it opened a connection and displayed a dialog box
(as supposed to when prompt:=2), then I read in the real connect string
contained in the argument outputStr, substituted the real connect string for
the general one to make the dialog box disappear; then, used SQLExecQuery;
and finally, SQLRetrieve.
The PowerBuilder driver we had installed with the version of PowerBuilder we
are using.