Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

SQA Robot vs other test tools

All

After the famous debate on subject "why purchase silk test" started by Steve I started to realize no one had anything to say about SQA Robot.

I am in the process of evaluating test tools, and after I poked my head in the two main books on Rational (lang ref/Use Guide) I decided I didn't care for it.

But I would like to know some more about this tool. Does it work on Windows and Unix (I think it only works on Windows).

Do they force you to use a data base for test storage or is there a way to use the product with ascii files?

Will this product test IE and Netscape Navigator (there is almost nothing on this topic).

How does it do with java, People Soft, Siebel, Citrix?

Also does this thing have any type of object map or are all referances to controls hard coded (which I thought to be the case)?

By the way I know that SQA Robot (Or Team test .. they seem to have a bunch of names)
    is significantly cheeper. That isn't the issue, [it's not my money] .

I would really like answers to these questions, and personal experiances good and bad from veterans out there. BTW I am NOT talking about Visual Test but specifically SQA Robot or Team Test from Rational.

------------------
    "Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!"
    Sincerely
    Richard Weth
    Sr. QA Engineer
    mailto:rick_weth@yahoo.com
    phone(408) 487-3846

[This message has been edited by rick_weth (edited 01-18-2000).]

[This message has been edited by rick_weth (edited 01-19-2000).]
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!
    Sincerely
    Richard Weth
    Sr. QA Engineer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: SQA Robot vs other test tools

I think you posted this to the wrong forum

I'll move it to TeamTest.