Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Robot recording actions differently

Hi,
    I am creating scripts for a webapp, which has been just deployed for QA to test. I found that, certain times, Robot is recognizing objects differently.
    For example:
    A push button click which was previously recorded as the following:
    PushButton Click, "Type=PushButton;Name=btnSubmit"

The script that is generated for the same push button click now is:
    HTML Click, "HTMLId=_OWS_band_top_frameset", "Coords=417,-458"
    Click in an editbox is recorded as HTML Click,same is the case with other objects. When I try after a while, it seems to be okay..Not sure what is happening..
    Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Robot recording actions differently

What has changed between recording sessions?

New build, different machine, IE running prior to recording or started by recording, etc...
    If this or any response has helped you, please reply to the thread stating that it worked so other people with a similar issue will know how you fixed your issue!

Ciege...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

We got a new build other than that nothing has changed...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Also I have been getting scripts like the following when I record sometimes.
    Window SetContext, "Caption=GUI Record", ""
    'WARNING: Unable to record Mouse Click
    GenericObject Click, "", ""

Browser SetFrame,";\;;\;",""
    Browser NewPage,"",""
    InputKeys "057"
    InputKeys "11/30/2008"
    InputKeys "12/30/2008"

Window SetContext, "Caption=GUI Record", ""
    'WARNING: Unable to record Mouse Click

Do you think any of my robot settings have changed...I am not sure what is happening??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

A new build could be the reason for the recording differences in your original post. Maybe they compiled against a different version of .NET or other DLLs? You would need to ask the dev team about what has changed in the build environment.

As to your issues with the "Unable to record Mouse Click". I have seen issues like this when Robot has gotten into a funky state. Usually a reboot fixes that for me.
    If this or any response has helped you, please reply to the thread stating that it worked so other people with a similar issue will know how you fixed your issue!

Ciege...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Thanks Ciege..restarting my m/c solved the second issue, but for the first one here is what I observed.When I login to the application using a robot script that I had recorded earlier, object recognition seems just fine. But when I manually login to the app and from there on I start recording, my script looks like this
    HTML Click, "HTMLId=_OWS_band_top_frameset", "Coords=417,-458"
    Now my login page changed, so when I try to record script for the new page, I am getting script similar to above..not sure what is wrong..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

So as I asked in my first response "IE running prior to recording or started by recording", there is a difference. You see one thing when Robot starts IE (via your original script) and another when you start IE then start recording.

The issue is probably that you are using a window setcontext browsertag in your script and Robot is recognizing the application within IE differently since it has already set a context. I'm not saying that it is right or wrong but I believe that is what is happening. For consistency sake I would just remember to start the browser the same way every time (from Robot or manually) before you start your recordings.

Ciege...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I am sorry about that Ceige..I missed your question...that is exactly what is happening...script is differnt when I start IE manually and then do the recording..Now I understand why...thanks