1. I had downloaded IBM rational robot. I could't figure out how to enter into rational robot. It is asking for login and password. I searched in google and i came to know that i should just leave those two fields and to select project. but i had not created any projects in IBM ratinal robot and i could't find how to open existing project where can i find it.
2. Does IBM rational robot support window based application
Its very [stupid is as stupid does] kindly reply me soon.
Thanks in advance
First you need to create a Project using Rational administrator.
Open Rational administrator
File >>New Project
Enter project name and browse to directory where you want to create project (this directory/folder shold be empty
Please read this it may help you also:
Managing your Project with the Rational Administrator
You use the Rational Administrator to create and manage projects.
Projects store application testing information. Each project consists of a database and several directories of files. All Rational Test components on your computer update and retrieve data from the same active project. The project can be stored on a network, letting all people involved in the development and testing effort stay up-to-date with the project status.
Use the Administrator to:
· Create a project under configuration management.
· Create a project outside of configuration management.
· Connect to a project.
· See projects that are not on your machine (register a project).
· Delete a project.
· Create and manage users and groups for a Rational Test datastore.
· Create and manage projects containing Rational RequisitePro projects and Rational Rose models.
· Manage security privileges for the entire Rational project.
· Configure a SQL Anywhere database server.
For information about creating projects, see the Rational Administrator Help.
Note: Since Rational Administrator no longer supports Windows 98 and Windows Me, you must connect to a remote test datastore when using Robot to record a script on either of these two platforms. Use the Browse button on the Robot Test Login dialog box to select the location of the Rational project file.
Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort