Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

What version of MS VS 2005 required for .net RFT?

I have been evaluating RFT to purchase and it fits well into our environment. Prior to installing RFT I installed and evaluated a demo version of MS Visual Studio 2005 Testers Edition on my PC. Therefore, when I installed RFT it obviously plugged into that version of VS and works correctly. 2 things... it is a demo version and will expire, and secondly a full license of that version of VS is over $5k. Not what I want if we just need the VS framework to run RFT.

So... Do any of you know what is the minimal version of Visual Studio that RFT will run with? We don't want to have to purchase and license more VS than we need.

Is there any way to generate the .NET test scripts without VS? I don't see it as possible, but just curious.

Thanks,
    Chuck

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: What version of MS VS 2005 required for .net RFT?

FYI... I found a reference in an install document on the IBM website that VS Standard or Pro would work with RFT.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: What version of MS VS 2005 required for .net R

have you tried the VS Express editions just to see if they work? They are free and contain an SDK a lot of the core VS functionality.
    Corey Goldberg
    Homepage: goldb.org
    Twitter: twitter.com/cgoldberg
    Google+: gplus.to/cgoldberg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: What version of MS VS 2005 required for .net R

I think we are going to go for the Pro version over the standard or express. The main reason for this is the support for XSLT (another one of my tasks I have been handed lately.) haha.