Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Stopping TestManager running through FT datapool

I am new to RFT, but I have setup quite a few scripts and datapools in Functional Tester. So far they have worked well for us running through just the FT html report interface.

We just made a new deployment and it was a good opportunity for me to run my scripts as a Suite from Test Manager.

I set them all to run once, however TestManager tried to run the script for every iteration of my Functional Tester datapool.

I would like Test Manager to run the script once for one record in the FT datapool. Is there any way to configure TestManager to work like this?

Thanks in advance,
    Zac

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Stopping TestManager running through FT datapool

There must be a way of calling the DP parameter from within TestManager. If you are callinga script from RFT the yo would use DP_ALL, or a number to determine how many rows of the DP to process.

I don't have TM access at the moment, but there must be a way to configure this from within TM itself.

G

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Stopping TestManager running through FT datapo

Unfortunately, no. I have since called IBM to discuss this. They confessed that there is no proper integration between TM and RFT.

I've played around with incrementing the DP manually and so forth but it always seems to forget its place in the datapool so there is no persistence.

For other forumers, I recommend you call IBM and hassle them about it although they ensure me that it has been recommended for future versions of TM.