Hi All,

I am testing GUI of a DB2 application(DB2 Warehouse Manager) using Rational Functional Tester.
I had devleoped some scripts which use to run fine on single processor machines, now when I try to run these scripts on a high end Multi-processor machine I observe a weird problem with my AUT specific to Automation.

I have a Create Entity screen in the AUT;various fields on this screen are filled by automted script and then "OK" button present on the screen is clicked.

When I try to run the script it almost fails in every attempt,the window hangs with all the buttons on the window getting disabled, however the same operation works manually; When I turn on GUI traces (GUI traces can be turned on in the AUT), I find that the frequency of this problem is reduced; but even with traces I still sometimes see the same beahvious of various windows not getting closed beacuse of the buttons getting disabled.

In the traces of AUT I find the following exception,
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicRootPaneUI.clearDefaul tButtonBindings(BasicRootPaneUI.java:168)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicRootPaneUI.updateDefau ltButtonBindings(BasicRootPaneUI.java:149)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicRootPaneUI.installKeyb oardActions(BasicRootPaneUI.java:87)
at com.sun.java.swing.plaf.windows.WindowsRootPaneUI. installKeyboardActions(WindowsRootPaneUI.java:74)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicRootPaneUI.installUI(B asicRootPaneUI.java:60)
at javax.swing.JComponent.setUI(JComponent.java:477)
at javax.swing.JRootPane.setUI(JRootPane.java:426)
at javax.swing.JRootPane.updateUI(JRootPane.java:436)
at javax.swing.JRootPane.<init>(JRootPane.java: 334)
at javax.swing.JDialog.createRootPane(JDialog.java:40 9)
at javax.swing.JDialog.dialogInit(JDialog.java:389)
at javax.swing.JDialog.<init>(JDialog.java:234)
at com.ibm.db2.tools.common.CommonDialog.<init> (Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.db2.tools.common.ProgressWindow.<init&g t;(Unknown Source)
at common.CommandThread.run(Unknown Source)
at db2_vw_ddd.DDDCommandThread.run(Unknown Source)
at db2_vw_ddd.DDDApp.doCommandProcessing(Unknown Source)
at db2_vw_ddd.DDDApp$DDDAppThread.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:568)

I am not sure of why this happens given that
1. It works fine Manually.
2. It works fine via automation on Single Proc Machine.
3. With traces ON the frequency of problem gets reduced.

If anyone has come across this kind of error and has a solution then please share the solution with me.