Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Created Datastore is not in Datastoreexplorer view

I created a datastore in XDE, after that i could view that created data store in Java Perspective view but in the datastore explorer view the same is not listing moreover while creating File--> New-->XDETesterEmptyscript the same datastore is not listed. Obviously i couldn't create new script without any datastore. Even i couldn't Record the new script. What could be the problem? Pls give me your suggestion on this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Created Datastore is not in Datastoreexplorer view

Actually i had this problem after reinstallation of XDE. Now itz solved.
    Its working now I just deleted the XDETester\XDE workspace which is in my documents. After restarting XDE i could explore through datastore.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi vinwins,
    Try this. Window->Show View->Click Datastore Explorer.
    Now, you could view the Datastore Explorer.
    Sathis M R
    Associate
    sathismr@rediffmail.com
    --------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi SathisMR,
    For the problem which i've mentioned (ie I had this problem during reinstallation of XDE ) the steps which you gave will not work out. I'm getting the datastoreExplorer view but the datastore which I've created is only not listed in the view. So for the problem we need to delete the Workspace in mydocuments.
    Anyways thanx for your feedback.
    vinwins

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

XDE uses eclipse. eclipse uses metadata files.

so...

create another (new) datastore.

This may re-set some of the metadata and allow you to view both datastores. Then remove the newly created one.

or...

If you remove the metadata directory and restart XDE, the metadata is re-created. Then connect to the datastore.

Everything with XDE is generally kept in metadafiles which are essentially files containing XML.

*.rftmap is an xml file.

datadefinition.rftdsd (in your xde project's resource directory) contains xml information that testmanager uses to determine xde project location.

{scriptname}.rftdef contains xml which documents the objects that are associated with the script.
    (the object mapper creates this file, it has bugs that cause duplicate info to be created even after you've delete an object with the mapper tool, <delete>false</delete> is the culprit that doesn't get reset).

The old testmanager application still makes use of the registry and you can find keys that correspond to the project that you created with the administrator tool.

The combination of information between the registry and the xml files is important to know because you will encounter more issues that can be solved with this info.
    Let go Luke!