Attempting to close all Mappable Children

Is there a way to easily close all the mappable children of an object?

I am attempting to run a DFT and sometimes screens get hung up and I would like to have the script simply close all the child objects and then continue on.

Any Ideas would be helpful

Re: Attempting to close all Mappable Children

You can use something like:

TestObject[] testObj = yourObject.getMappableChildren();
    for (int i = 0; i < testObj.length; i++)
    or make a method of this code that calls itself recursively to send a close to all children in whole depth, but I think closing all toplevel children will be sufficient.

Thanks Bennyvw

I had to change testObj[i].close() to testObj[i].dispose() to catch a few other things. I hope that won't cause any trouble later.

1. close() is not a method in TestObject, but in TopLevelTestObject, so the code posted will not compile.

2. A TopLevelWindow will very rarely be the child of any GUI object, so calling getMappableChildren() will rarely return any object on which you can call close().

3. You can get the TopLevelTestObjects on your Desktop by calling getDomains() (which returns an array of DomainTestObjects) and then calling getTopLevelWindows on all of the objects in the array of DomainTestObjects.

typo on my part in step 3: call getTopObjects(), not getTopLevelWindows()

Hi Chirillo,
    when i try to get

DomainTestObject dom[] = getDomains();
    TestObject objArr[] = null;
    objArr = dom[0].getTopObjects();
    TestObject[] testObjects = objArr[0].getChildren();

then i tried to extract children i couldn't extract table, textboxes, buttons.
    But its showing Html.HtmlDocument, Html.HtmlBrowser.ToolbarButton(18 objects) these two only.

if you have any suggestion how to get table,testboxes,buttons from the TestObject, am I making any mistake, any example code will be greatly appreciable...

Hi have a loop for all the domains you are getting... I think you are accessing only html domain and browser object...

everything in the client area of a browser is a child of the HTML Document, so you have to call getChildren() on the document...and then getChildren() on those question.

You have to learn recursion.