Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

can\'t recognize pop up while testing eclipse application with XDE tester

Hello,
    I am new to the XDE tester and have following problem now:
    I am testing eclipse plugin with XDE Tester. Everything works fine (GUI objects are recognized and ver. points can be set) up to the point when the plugin I am testing pops up an error message (MessageBox from the package eclipse.swt) and XDE can't "see" this messagebox.
    I thought I can just record pressing "Enter" when the MessageBox appears, but my "Enter" click is not recorded (I assume the GUI object has to be visable by XDE Tester to perform keybord input.

Anyone had this problem or have an idea how to work around/fix this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: can\'t recognize pop up while testing eclipse application with XDE tester

I just tried recording against an SWT dialog box and experienced the same as you.

If you can identify the window by its caption and all you need to do is close it, you can use the IWindow interface. In this example, I'm using a combination of the class name and caption to identify the message box.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;">String messageBoxClass = &quot;#32270&quot;;
    String messageBoxCaption = &quot;SWT Dialog&quot;;

IWindow[] allWins = getTopWindows();
    for (int i = 0; i &lt; allWins.length; i++) {
    if( allWins[i].getWindowClassName().equals(messageBoxClass ) ) {
    if( allWins[i].getText().equals(messageBoxCaption )) {
    allWins[i].close();
    break;
    }

}
    }</pre><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">