0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Same object in different URLs

Hi,

I am new in XDE.
    I have recorded some test in one URL.
    After some time i am trying to run the same test that works with same objects in other URL and XDE does not reconize the objects.
    What can i do ?
    Should i record each test per URL or there is some way to hold objects in GUI map without connect them to specific URL ?

Thanks for help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Same object in different URLs

Yes, the last bit of what you said. You can use regular expressions to put wildcards in URLs, in fact you can do this for any object recognition property. Just right click on the property you are interested in and "convert to regular expression" inside the Object Map.

You still need something to uniquely identify the object, perhaps the title bar, or a common portion of the URL will work for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Okey, i have converted it to regular expression and it works, but i have more than 1000 objects and it is a problem to convert manualy all of them to regular expression. May be there is another way to solve this problem ? WinRunner gui map from this point much more better, because it remember the object without save it's URL.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

The Object Map is actually an XML file with the extension .rftmap

You could edit it in notepad/wordpad and use it's search & replace to make the switch between the URL and the regular expression. You'd need to find an example of the correct, updated URL and the original in order work out what to replace.

This is a little risky though, as the file needs to be in the correct format to work. If you unintentionaly change something that breaks it, you'd lose the map. If you try this method, make a backup of the original and keep a copy of this until you are 100% sure that the change worked.

Also, I'd recommend closing XDE during this, so it isn't also trying write to the file at the same time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

If you change the "document" object to regular expression it should suffice..

Basically the document object URL is very specific in the object map. So if you capture objects from a particular URL(http:/bs-sum24/shared). This would create problems if you are running in another url(http:/bs-sum53/shared)

So just add regular expressions for objects which have URL included in descp(normally this would be 'document' object)

Or you can set .URL property to 0 for the document object.

Open object map, click on "document" object. A list of properties is displayed below. Change .URL value equal to 0.

This could also work!!!

kesh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi,

After i have solved the problem with weak recognition, it is not matter what i have in URL, it works with all objects in ANY URL.

Thanks to all.