Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Text Verification Point question

Hi all,

I'm new to RobotJ. I have a verification point that capture text on a page. It fails every time I run the script because the Last Update field (mm/dd/yr hr:min:sec) keeps changing value. This cause the actual text captured different from the expected.Please help me to overcome this. Is there any way for me to just check for certain text strings on the page?

Thanks
    Ben

------------------

[This message has been edited by Ben_testing (edited 01-21-2003).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Text Verification Point question

Ben,

Yes you can and in fact this feature is one of the coolest features of RobotJ.

You can put the string that changes all the time in regular expression (replace the hard coded text with wild characters).

You might need little help from the documentation, but here is a high-level overview -
    Open the vp, right click on the text you want to ignore/replace with wild characters and select RE: Convert to Regular Expression and put the text you want to replace in [].

Good Luck!

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi kkoditha,

Thanks for helping. What documentation do I need, Please show me where to get it. I can't do this step in VP Editor : "select RE: Convert to Regular Expression and put the text you want to replace in [] ".

Thanks,
    Ben

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Ben,

can you explain what you mean by "I am not able to select?"

Can you right click on the property? Do you see "RE: Convert to Regular Expression" selection? Is it disabled?

The documentation can be viewed by going to the Help perspective (Perspective Menu) and type regular expresssion in RobotJ reference.

I hope this helps

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi kkoditha,

Under VP, I see my VP named HTMLTable_1_Text. When I double click on it, the window Verification Point Editor comes up. At the lower left conner I see the Recognition Property grid. But when I right click on the text I don't have the pop-up to use "Convert Value to Regular Expression". Is it something I'm doing wrong here ? What do I need to enable to be able to do this ?

Thanks,
    Ben

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Ben,

I can do this on my verification points. Are you trying to right click in the panel on the Left side? You need to right click on the property pane containing properties like .text, .class etc and in the value column.

I hope this helps

------------------