RFT 8.3 on Siebel 8.1 - Can't for the life of me recognise Siebel objects?!? Pls help
As the topic states, I'm battling with RFT to identify the Siebel objects using the "object spy".
It keeps generating the scripts with HTML, WEB and Navigation components instead of Siebel Object manipulation.
I believe I've done all the necessary settings on Server and Client sides, but for the life of me...no luck.
Local RFT client config as follows:
1) RFT 8.3 running on Windows 8 64bit, testing Siebel 8.1 through IE 11.
2) I've configured a valid floating license
3) I've added a registry entry for the GUI name change as suggested by many
Applied the following settings server side on Siebel:
1) Changed config file to allow AnonUsers
2) Changed config file to EnableAutomation
3) Confirmed these setting as set to True in Object Manager on the server I'm testing.
4) Also applied the Siebel Test Automation license and confirmed a valid license key.
RFT successfully runs IE with the SWECmd=AutoOn switch in the URL, manages to record all actions (using web and navigation controls)
It plays back, up to the point where it has to manipulate Siebel specific objects, timeout hits, object fails recognition, and the manual object identifier as well as object maps don't contain any Siebel objects.
Does anyone perhaps have any other ideas? I know the Siebel STA component is invoked as required, as the Siebel Automation service runs in task manager while recording, so it should be passing the Siebel automation object data to RFT.
RFT just somehow act blind or oblivious to this.
Looking forward to some insight. Perhaps I'm the blind one?
I am automation Siebel 8.1 application using RFT 8.3. I am having the sample problem which you stated above. Can you please tell me, wheather you resolved this problem. If yes, can you please share the info. I am eagerly waiting for your response.
Email : email@example.com
Please help me out. Thanks in Advance.