Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Cannot get screen item for subitem

Hello All

Can anyone help. I have a combo box with about 11 items in it. On Click, you are able to view the first 7 items and hence you will need to scroll down the combo box to view the last 4.
    Now, I am trying to select the 9th item from the combo box using the code below

lst_combobox1().click(atIndex(8));

But the playback script does not recognize and falls over with the error as provided in the subject : "Cannot get screen item for sub item".
    I also tried using

lst_combobox1().select(11);

but still no luck.

Anybody know how to solve this issue.

Thanks
    Thani

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Cannot get screen item for subitem

Hi Thani,

I just ran a quick check on my machines. I have RFT 8.1.0.3 on both of them, and one is running I.E. 6 and the other I.E. 7.

I created a screen with a list box with 17 items in them, and used various ways of getting the items and they all worked properly. I used code similar to this:

list_menu().select("Citizen");
    list_menu().select("Ottawa Sun");

and

list_menu().click();
    list_menu().click(atIndex(3));
    list_menu().click();
    list_menu().click(atIndex(5));

and

list_menu().select(3);
    list_menu().select(5);

I also select the first item before selecting the last item in the list.

You probably know this already but, when using the "click(atIndex(n))" syntax, you cannot do these steps in debug mode, as the first commands opens the list box and the second command selects the value.

I know that there was an issue (bug) with a previous version of RFT where it might not select a value from a list box if it was past the 9th or 10th position in the list box.

Cheers,

André

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Cannot get screen item for subitem

Hi Andre - Thanks for your reply.

I also realized that this list is within a popup from IE.
    Hence, you have the web page in IE, then there is a "Find" button which will open a small pop up window with the list box populated with so many items, from which you need to select somewhere below. Hope you get what I mean.

I did a work around to solve this issue, which might be a solution too [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

I initially picked up the last available item in the list at that point, then selected the actual value from the box again to get the desired item

ie. Assume there are totally 11 items in the list

lst_combobox1().click();
    lst_combobox1().click(atIndex(4)); // Selects the 5th item in the list

lst_combobox1().click()
    lst_combobox1().click(atIndex(6)); // Selects the 11th item in the list where Item at Index (4) becomes the new default item as it was selected earlier. This now acts as Index (0) in the list.

Thanks
    Thani