My test script crashed today after no apparent changes to the script or the AUT. My test object browser_htmlBrowser cannot find the browser anymore.
I'm using IE 8 and RFT 8 with Java scripts. When I right click the test object browser_htmlBrowser and select Highlight I get the message "Couldn't find Test Object in application-under-test. Application may not be running..." But the web browser is running.
Using the Test Object Inspector and hovering over the browser I'm told it is an IEFrame. When I add a Firefox test object and do the same thing, it is a MozillaUIWindowClass.
I agree this could be the problem. However, as far as I know, nothing has changed. Never the less I made the following changes. The JRE that is part of RFT was enabled and the default. There was also another 1.5 JRE, which has been present for a long time, at least a year. Every time I deleted it from RFT and rebooted my computer, it reappeared in RFT and was enabled. I finally just disabled it and rebooted. Now every time I run a script I get an error popup stating "The JVM [Javajre1.5.0_14] can not be enabled until after the system is rebooted." When I click OK the script runs without any other problems, except the browser_htmlBrowser is still not found.
I included a word doc with the error message and the environment setup from RFT.
I disabled the SDP default, then enabled the JRE 1.5 and made it the default. I rebooted my system. I attached a screen shot of my browser Java setup and the RFT.
When I try to add the browser as a test object, it is called an IEFrame, not an browser_htmlBrowser() Test Object. The Test Object that is produced does not have the same properties as a web browser, specifically I'm looking for .documentName. Other than the process name being iexplore.exe, nothing in the properties indicate this is a web browser.