Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

How to encrypt datapool values?

Hi Guys -

I'm just wondering if there's a functionality in RFT that allows encryption of datapool values. This feature is existing in QTP. I'm just wondering if it is also available in RFT because we need to encrypt the passwords we're going to use for automated testing. Security reasons... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

If not, do you know any alternative solution? Thanks in advanced! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: How to encrypt datapool values?

oh btw, is it also possible to run RFT scripts via scheduled tasks like in QTP?

for instance, i want my scripts to automatically run daily at 6am even if i'm not at the office yet. can we like code it or something and make a scheduled task for it to automatically run?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Like any other tool, you can call the script and make it run via command prompt. You can write the command in bat file and include it in scheduler.

Reg. Encryption, we have java packages to encrypt and decrypt. You can make use of it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

hi voks -

can you provide me with a sample code or steps on how to create the .bat file you mentioned? sorry a little noob here...

so basically the bat file you mentioned will automatically open RFT and run a specific script ?

regarding the encryption.. if its a 3rd party tool, how does it work with RFT? i need RFT to input the password into our app but i dont want the tester to know my password.. does this make any sense?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

oh nevermind the .bat file.. i got the code.

now im wondering if its possible to run the script as a JAR file... the reason behind this is i want to contents of the script to be secured and the only way i could think of is to export the script into a jar file.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

From the command line, You will be able to specify the Script name only and not the jar file. Because, jar file searches for the class file which has the main function. But in our script file, although we write a script in java language, we don't include any Main function(like we do in ordinary java program), only test main.

Reg. Cryptography, there is a concept called Java cryptography. We need to import javax.crypto , I believe. I do not have any examples. But this will help you. It comes along with development Kit. So need to plug in external jar files.