Data pool operation
I am a QTP Test Enginner and recently i moved to Rational Functional Tester. I hope i will get help here whenever struck up.
My Initial Query: How to Iterate in a data pool?
Here is my algorithm
1) Open the login page
2) Store the userid value in a variable from Data Pool
3) Insert in UserId Text Box
4) Close the application
5) Goto the next record in Data Pool
Do Step1 to Step 4 for every record in Data Pool
QTP Code looks like this for this operation:
For i= 1 to Datatable.RowCount
'Set the Current Record of the data pool
'Variable Initialization to Datapool Current Record
'Set the Value in text Box
'Close the application
This loop will execute till the end of the data pool..
Can any one please let me know how can i do in RFT? I google this but not able to understand the code as i am a bit new to Java
Thanks in Advance,
Re: Data pool operation
There are two ways to operate the iteration of the datapool
1. Configure the value of the "Datapool Iteration Count" on the "Specify playback options" before running the script.
2. Iterate the datapool in the code, you need add a variable "UID" which represents user id in the DP, in the accordingly column store your data . Then you can iterate the datapool similar like below:
// 1. open the login page
// 2. insert the user Id.
// 3. close the appliction
//go to next record