Some of the objects in my application take quite a while to be recognized by RFT, and a warning is written in the log stating that "Object recognition is weak". I've tried fooling around a bit with the recognition properties in the object map, but it doesn't seem to be helping. Does anyone know what to do?
I guess there is some change in the object properties. You can either go to object map, select the object, right click on it and say update recognition properties (do this is if the change in object properties is permanent). Otherwise, you can change the weight value to nearly 0 for those properties which have changed (see help for script assure).
I'm seeing the same thing as KFJW. I tried updating recognition properties and nothing changes. I am reasonably certain my application under test did not change. Even it it had, updating recognition properties should have fixed it. When I click on the test object and select Highlight (also part of the recognition properties update) RFT finds the control instantly. But when I run the script it slows way down and pretends it doesn't know for sure what the object is.
1.Open Test Object map,
2.Where ever you see HTML: Document (Page) right click it and select update recognition properties
3.Click next on the resultant window
4.Right click on .url property value and select Convert into regular expression,
5.Select evaluate Regular expression
6.Change the value in pattern dialogue box into regular expression
Ex if it is like "http://www.google.com" change into
"http://www.go.*" and click evaluate, check it the value is matching. Save it and try running the script